Monday, April 30, 2012

New Old Chair


This was my grandma's chair.  My dad bought it for her after WWII.  I was given the chair after my grandma passed away.  I always liked it - it has a neat curved shape that is perfect to curl up in and those curved wooden arms were so cool.  But the chair had seen better days - the upholstery was pretty frayed, thus the green throw to cover up the holes.

My dad has a friend who reupholsters items as a hobby, so for Christmas he got the chair recovered for  me.  Here is what it looks like now:


Not only did he recover the fabric, but he refinished the wood and replaced the dozens of brass tacks.


Here is the back - love the tacks!


There even was fabric left over, so he made two matching pillows with piping and buttons.


So wonderful to have this piece of family history have restored!

1 comment:

peggy said...

what a nice job he did, Karen.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin