Thursday, December 22, 2011

Reese's Peanut Butter Banana Bread



This is a recipe that I found via Pinterest. I started using Pinterest to look for art projects for school, but recently I am finding many other fun and distracting items on it. (Here is my Pinterest page if you are interested in checking it out or following me. But please do not blame me if you become addicted - I have given you fair warning!) Anyway, when I saw this recipe from the Cookies & Cups blog, I knew it would be a great recipe for a Christmas gift!

My first problem when making this recipe was that my bananas weren't ripe! So I googled it, and found the hint to stick the bananas in a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes to blacken them. Worked like a charm!


My twist on this recipe from the original was to bake it into cute little ceramic pans! I bought the ones that I used here at Michaels a few years ago, but they had them this year as well. They are on sale this week for 49 cents each, but a lot of stores are sold out of them, I discovered.

I must confess, that I started sampling the bread warm from the oven, and before I knew it, I almost had one mini loaf devoured. I did save the other 3 loafs for gifts and plan to make another batch tomorrow.


Reese's Peanut Butter Banana Bread

Ingredients:

3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1/4 cup canola oil
1 egg
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 oz bag of Reese's Mini Peanut Butter Cups


Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray 4 ceramic mini loaf pans (or one regular sized loaf pan) with cooking spray.
3. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium sized bowl.
4. In a large bowl, blend together the ripe bananas, peanut butter, oil, eggs, and brown and white sugar.
5. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. The batter will be lumpy.
6. Fold the peanut butter cups gently into the batter.
7. Divide the batter between the 4 mini pans. Set the pans on a cookie sheet to make it easier to put into the oven.
8. Bake for 30 - 35 minutes or until a toothpick stuck into the center comes out clean. (A individual large loaf may take up to an hour.)
9. Let cool completely, then cover in plastic wrap. I added a ribbon around the center to make it extra festive as a gift!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin