Thursday, September 1, 2011

Rust Belt Market - Ferndale


If you are looking for someplace new to explore over the weekend, why not check out the Rust Belt Market in Ferndale - an artist market with a fun and funky vibe. This wide open space with high ceilings is filled with an assortment of vendors selling vintage clothes and collectables, jewelry, artwork, handcrafted items, and even food and beverages.



Each booth has unique displays and in most cases the artist or vendor is sitting at the booth. It was really fun to wander around - there was music and even entertainment (tap dancing) while I visited.

Lots of cool vintage clothes - who knew that some tie dye could make old slips and camisoles look so cool?


This booth had these great signs made from cut up license plates.

My favorite booth had some really neat jewelry made with vintage items. Unfortunately, the vendor did not want pictures taken. Too bad, I'm sure everyone would want to check out her stuff when they saw it. (I think she thought I was trying to steal her design ideas, I wasn't, I just liked her stuff, oh well.)

The Rust Belt Market is located in Ferndale on the corner of Nine Mile and Woodward in the former Old Navy store. It is open on Saturdays and Sundays from 11 - 7.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I am walking down memory lane today. I ventured on to the SCS site and saw that you are still working there! It brought a smile to my heart! I had you in 3rd grade back in 1988. I have many memories of your class that include our guitar music singing time (loved Kookaburra), stories and pictures from your visit to Israel, hieroglyphics, making great friends, and even of doing SRA. 3rd grade was my favorite and you were a huge part of that! :) Today, I also am a teacher. I teach 2nd grade in a suburb of Phoenix. I love creating similar memories for my students to look back on and to have learned from! By the way I saw you got to experience one of our Haboob dust storms. :) It is an experience. Just wanted to share the imprint that you left on my life as I know you have left a similar one on hundreds! Thank you!!!!
Lindsay Neal VanDellen

Karen Bosch said...

Oh, Lindsay! How cool that you found me! I remember you! And you really remember a lot about third grade. Everyone remembers the guitar, but one of my favorite things was sharing about Israel, so it is so special to me that you remember that. Thanks for the extremely kind words - they truly have made my day. I'm sure that your students are equally blessed to have you as a teacher! (And yes, that dust storm was surreal!)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin