Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Chandelier Crystal Necklace


This is what I did with one of the chandelier crystals that I picked up at an antique store at the beginning of the summer.


I started with a crystal and an old earring that I picked up in a bag of jewelry bits. I removed the clip from the earring and hung the crystal from the earring loop using some gold wire. For some added bling I added a couple other small dangling crystals.


I made the chain from two different thicknesses of gold chain. I used a latch at the end so that I could use the chain with other pendants. The chain is fairly long.

I've seen some other neat things done with these crystals to transform them into necklaces that I am hoping to try!

4 comments:

Yarny Days said...

So beautiful!

Liz said...

I love this one!

Alicia Robinson said...

I just came across your blog while viewing my friends, california Laurel.I loved how you came up with the idea for that necklace.

Ring by Ring Designs said...

We have a chandelier in our dining room with those crystals. Came with the house, told we could not sell it again without leaving the chandelier. Darn, can't use them for a necklace.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin