Sunday, January 2, 2011

Hello, Cupcake!

DSC_0462

My friend Gail recently has been taking cake decorating classes. Gail is more into baseball than baking, so her friends have been entertained by her new hobby! For my birthday, she gave me her "homework" from one of her classes, this gorgeous cake topped with sugar lilies.

photo

So when I saw the book Hello, Cupcake!: Irresistibly Playful Creations Anyone Can Make! I knew it would be the perfect gift for her! It is filled with cute and clever ideas on ways to decorate cupcakes. Some of the unique ideas include these darling fishbowls:

DSC_0465

Or how about spaghetti and meatballs?

DSC_0463

And these Christmas ornaments are so pretty!

DSC_0464

If you are looking for some fresh ideas for decorating your cupcakes, this book is a gem!

1 comment:

melissa said...

My brother and sis-in-law gave me a Big Top Cupcake Baking Pan for Christmas - it's a cake-sized cupcake! I'm excited to try it out sometime!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin