Monday, August 9, 2010

High Tea - Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise


The culinary highlight of our trip was having high tea at the Chateau Lake Louise. Tea is held in the lounge next to the big windows that look out over the lake and glacier. We made reservations in the morning, and even though the lounge was very busy when we arrived, they had a perfect table reserved for us right in front of the window.


It was pouring rain when we arrived....

But eventually it cleared


and we enjoyed a lovely view.


The Fairmont has their own band of tea and there was at least a dozen varieties to choose between. I selected a flowery jasmine tea.


Tea begins with fresh fruit in a light flowery syrup. I liked the way the fruit was cut into tiny pieces - it made for an interesting blend of flavors in one bite.


Then this huge tiered tray arrives. The scones were good, but I've had better. But everything else was exceptional!


The sandwiches included bruchetta and a roasted vegetable sandwich. Both delicious!


Three desserts - I especially loved this flourless orange cake!


A perfect relaxing afternoon!


2 comments:

Rebekah said...

oh man! First you made me want to go to the Grand Canyon last year and now Lake Louise is on my list. Gorgeous photos! It looks like you had a wonderful time.

Rachel's Spot said...

I am planning a trip with one of my best friends to Glacier and Banff and was on the fence about high tea at the Chateau Lake Louise. Your pictures have me sold. Thank you for sharing!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin