Monday, September 14, 2009

Maverick Star Quilt (for the cat)


When I bought my Poang Chair, I wanted to make some mini quilts to cover it to help control the cat hair. I did finish a small one that fits on the footstool. The "rules" were that I could not buy any new fabric - it all had to come from my stash!


I used this Maverick Star tutorial. I like this block because it is scrappy and I didn't have to have all the points matching - I am not that precise a quilter so don't look too closely to see if the corners match!


It took a few weeks, but now it certainly is the cat's favorite resting place. If you look closely, I'm sure you will see a nice overlay of cat hair!

2 comments:

peggy said...

Cat hair goes good with everything. What a beautiful piece, lucky kitty.

Rima said...

Totally beautiful!

Rima
www.yarnydays.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin