Thursday, August 13, 2009

Salmon Spiedini Kabobs


I spend WAY too much time during the summer watching the Food Network. This is a twist on a recipe that I saw Giadi De Laurentis make. She used swordfish, but I used up some salmon that I had in the freezer and it tasted wonderful! The pancetta adds a salty flavor and a crispy crunch to the salmon - yummy and easy.

You may wonder how I got my salmon into such perfect cubes??? Well, here is the secret - I used my George Forman grill! Actually (confession) there was no propane left in my gas grill and with my wonky elbow I hadn't been able to get it filled. :-) The Foreman grill worked like a charm and gave me picture perfect kabobs to photograph.


Salmon Spiedini Kabobs

1/4 cup olive oil
2 Tablespoons herbes de Provence
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
salmon, cut in 2 inch cubes - I used about a pound and a half
thinly sliced pancetta
wooden skewers, soaked in water for about 30 minutes.

1. Combine the olive oil, herbes de Provence, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add the salmon and toss to coat. Wrap the salmon in a strip of pancetta and thread onto the skewers. Set the skewers in an oblong pan and cover with any remaining oil. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours, turning the skewers in the oil every so often.
2. Grill for about 10 minutes, turning often, until the pancetta is crisp.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin