Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Fly Trap Diner - in Ferndale



I've been wanting to check out the Fly Trap ever since I saw it featured on Food TV's Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. I took my friend Gail here for brunch for her birthday. It is a cozy diner - 2 small rows of tables/booths crunched close together. Even on a weekday in mid morning it was crowded and we had to wait for a bit to get menus and get served. The menu has lots of egg dishes for breakfast, and some unique sandwiches and other items for lunch and dinner. Each table was decked out with some fun salt and pepper shakers - I loved these that where shaped like the Sydney Opera House although I had a hard time figuring out where the salt came out!


Gail ordered Green Eggs and Ham. The eggs were flavored with pesto and the portions were generous.

I had some eggs called The Boot that had the Italian flavors of tomatoes, olives, cheese, and basil. I would have liked a bit more seasoning to them, but they were good. I loved the potatoes that came on the side - they were crunchy and seasoned perfectly. Breakfast was served with 4 slices of toasts. It seems silly to rave about toast, but it came with ginger blueberry jam that was delicious, and I ate 3 slices!


Prices are under $10 and very reasonable, especially for the size of the portions. I ended up taking about a third back home. I would like to go back to try one of the sandwiches and the mac and cheese! They sound yummy!

The Fly Trap is located in Fashionable Ferndale on Woodward near 9 Mile.

Fly Trap on Urbanspoon

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin