Sunday, August 23, 2009

Back to School!

My life has taken a huge shift over the past couple weeks. For the past 8 years I have been teaching K - 8 students in our computer lab. I found out a few weeks ago that I am being moved into a 5th grade classroom. I have never taught 5th grade before so my days have been pretty consumed with getting ready for the start of school on Wednesday!

So if you are a regular reader, just wanted to let you know why I may not be posting as regularly over the next few weeks. I will try on weekends to set up a few things to auto post during the week, but the posts may end up being short and sweet! I will probably continue to use my iPhone to do some quick postings. I have lots of pictures of restaurants and projects stored up from the summer, so I will do my best to keep the blog active. I know I will need this escape from the world of teaching, but I fear all my clever energy will be focused on fifth grade for a while!

6 comments:

Liz said...

I teach 5th grade too. Well actually 4th - 7th grade. If you need any suggestions email me - I'll help however I can! I love 5th graders and I bet you will too.

Karen Bosch said...

Liz, how cool, I didn't realize you were a teacher! Thanks for your offer of help - you may be hearing from me!

Meghan said...

Personally, I don't think you can ever go wrong with a little Friday sing-along of "Shut de do." ;) Definitely keep that in the curriculum!

Karen Bosch said...

Ah Meghan, you made me laugh, I can't believe you remember that song from 3rd grade so many years ago! Yes, I hope that somehow I can fit a little guitar into the 5th grade schedule!

YayaOrchid said...

Karen, wishing you great success with your new classes. please do continue to post, I so enjoy them alot!

peggy said...

Your fifth graders are in luck, to have such a creative new teacher. Seems like we are all making changes these days that we never thought of before. I love your posts so I'll be patient. Best wishes.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin