Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Twitter Tags and other Geeky Jewelry


Yes, this is quite a switch from all my pretty beads and lacy, flowery soldered tags that I have been making! I am heading out for the Apple Distinguished Educator Institute in Orlando in a few days and decided to make some tags to represent some of the online identities.



My Clever Karen tag represents this blog. On one side I put the cluster map with the dots showing the locations of my visitors! I made a chain with a few crystals on it and a hook at the bottom so I can wear it with different tags.


My identity on Twitter and Plurk and Flickr is karlyb. On the back of the "Twitter Tag" I put my profile icon and my stats.

Making these tags is sooooo easy! Use any photo editing software (I used Print Shop 2) to design your pictures. I used memory frames that I ordered from Alpha Stamps. It takes less than a minute to click your picture into the frame. You simply insert a tiny tab into the side of the frame and slip it shut. If you are careful, you can open it again to change the pictures.


I also made a few soldered tags. One is a small "Twitter Tag" and the other is the symbol for the ADEs. I think I will have the coolest, geekiest jewelry to wear at the Apple Distinguished Educator conference!




You can see the entire "collection" of geeky jewelry here in Flickr.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are definitely clever, Karen.

peggy said...

Just really cool!

YayaOrchid said...

Those are so original and yes, so clever! I ♥ the look!

Alison Gibbs said...

They look fabulous.
Come visit my blog and enter my giveaway
Alison

Liz said...

Hooray for geeks! I love the tags - what a good idea.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin