Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Eiffel Charm Necklace


Over the weekend I bought a new soldering iron and did a little more experimenting with making the soldered charms. The new soldering iron made a huge difference! I'm getting a little better at it, but certainly don't have the technique mastered. Yet!


One of the fun parts of doing these charms is that you can design something different for both sides. One one side I put part of a postcard of the Eiffel Tower.


On the other side some red and blue fabric. I added a little curl of wire at the bottom and hung some beads. Kind of fun. This is made from a microscope slide and is about 3 inches long. I wonder if it will be easy to crack the glass on the slide. We'll see......

5 comments:

peggy said...

My daughter and I would like to take the class at Munros, could you give us a suggestion about the type of soldering iron to buy? We are clueless.

Karen Bosch said...

If you are going to take a class at Munros, wait until the class and buy the soldering iron there. After the class they will show you the recommended soldering iron and then will give you a coupon for 50% off!

peggy said...

thank you Karen, we hope to try it, I love what you are making and we love Sally Jean stuff, I don't believe we will be a threat to either of you all. Love your blog.

Karen Bosch said...

Peggy, if you take a class, I hope you share your creations with me!

YayaOrchid said...

Oh how pretty! Must be nice to make your own jewelry. I won't go there because it would mean another expensive hobby. Love the 'French' detail!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin