Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Clever Reading on my Kindle 2


I sooooo love to play with new tech gadgets. My newest little toy is a Kindle 2
- an ebook reader from Amazon. I received it right before I broke my elbow. Since I couldn’t garden and arm movement was painful, the Kindle was a wonderful diversion! I downloaded the book Tea Time for the Traditionally Built: The New No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency Novel and spent the weekend happily reading. I could easily hold the Kindle in one hand and was able to use the controls on the left side to turn pages with a push of the thumb. Click, click, click - painless!

There are many cool features on the Kindle, including the ability to enlarge the text size. (So convenient of those of us of a certain age!) You can also highlight, take notes, and search.

I've found quite a few free books to download including some classic books by Jane Austin and Elizabeth Cleghorn. I have music downloaded on it so I can listen to some lovely tunes while I read. And it even has an internet connection - slow but free! Here's what "Clever Karen" looks like on my Kindle.


I am looking forward to traveling with the Kindle. Instead of piles of books in my bag, I will pack this one slim device. And if I need something new to read, I can quickly download it with the click of a button.

If you are interested in reading more about the Kindle from an educational perspective, here's a link to my school blog where I share my Kindle 2 First Impressions.

2 comments:

peggy said...

That was really interesting. My daughter has one and she really likes it, but I haven't been to see her since she got it. I will see her this weekend and we will look at your blog together. Have a nice holiday, Karen

Liz said...

Oh how fun. My husband really wants one...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin