Friday, March 6, 2009

Before and After - repairing an image with Aperture

I took this picture several years ago on a canal cruise in Amsterdam. For most of the cruise it was rainy and gray. I had to try to take pictures over the heads of Japanese tourists and through dirty windows. But for about 1 minute the sun came out and I took this picture of one of the churches on the canal. I always hoped someday I would learn some tricks where I could repair the image.

Recently I got a copy of the software Aperture 2. This week I went to the Apple store and had a one-to-one lesson on Aperture. I learned some cool tricks and when I came home I played with the picture. This is my repaired image - I think the difference is pretty striking!


Forgive me for being techno-geeky, but I thought it was cool!

3 comments:

YayaOrchid said...

Wow! I'm impressed. The picture is so clear and crisp. Must be hard to learn that software though if you're not very computer literate?

melissa said...

thanks for sharing - that photo (redo) is really beautiful!

Karen Bosch said...

Actually, the software makes it so easy to do! Once I learned what the right buttons were, I just had to make a few swipes of the mouse to mend the flaws!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin