Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Christine's Cuisine


Christine's Cuisine is a little diner in a strip mall on Nine Mile in Ferndale. The inside is long and narrow and tiny with shiny metal walls. It is the perfect place to go when you are craving some comfort food or some home cooking. My friend Gail introduced me to this place a few years ago for my birthday and we went back there last week.


The menu includes a variety of sandwiches and salads for lunch. Dinner entrees include Eastern European foods like pierogies and potato pancakes. There also are pastas, chicken, and ribs. Main course come with either homemade soup or a salad.

There usually are several daily specials. Gail ordered a pork tenderloin dish with a chipolte salsa (I think it was mango). I had a bite and it was good.


I ordered the Beef Burgundy. (Often I get this or the Beef Stroganoff.) I don't eat beef very often, but this is pure comfort food for me - rich and thick and meaty. None of this is particularly "pretty" looking food, but it does fill you up!


There is a display case as you walk in that will tempt you with a view of the homemade goodies. We were so full we had to pass on the dessert, but it is worth saving room if you can.

And the price is very reasonable - many entrees are around 10 dollars, including the 2 beef dishes I mentioned. One word of caution - they don't accept credit cards - so be sure to bring cash!

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

I'll have to try this place out. I've heard good reviews from other people.

I went to that burger place in Berkley a few months ago and it was so delicious. Thanks for all the local restaurant tips!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin