Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Salmon Burgers


I've been wanting to try making Salmon Burgers ever since I saw this recipe in the Every Day with Rachael Ray magazine last winter. It looked easy, tasty, and healthy - and yes, it did live up to my expectations! I will make this again! Soon! Here is my variation on the recipe:

Salmon Burgers

1 1/2 lbs. skinless salmon, cut into large pieces
1/4 cup onion, chopped in small pieces
2 Tablespoons capers, chopped
grated peel of one lemon
1/3 cup flat leaved parsley, coarsely chopped
1 Tablespoon seasoned salt (or grill or seafood seasoning)
freshly cracked pepper


1) Put the salmon in a food processor and corsely chop using the pulse mode.
2) In a bowl combine the chopped salmon, onion, capers, lemon peel, parsley, and the salt and pepper. Form into patties.
3) In a non-stick pan, heat enough olive oil to coat the pan. Add the patties and cook for about 4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.

Serve on a toasted roll (yes, mine were home made, please don't hate me) with lettuce. Squeeze on a little lemon juice to add a bit of extra zing to the burger!

4 comments:

Liana said...

Hi Karen, this is lihonda (twitter). I think I'm going to need that great roll recipe! It all looks so yummy!

Karen Bosch said...

Hey, nice to hear from a Twitter friend!

Rebekah said...

this looks delicious! I think I ripped that recipe out of the magazine...it must be floating around in my recipe binder somewhere. Now I really want to make it!

Liana said...

Okay, I finally made them! My final product didn't look as appetizing as yours (no homemade buns) but they tasted just great. A few tweaks the next time (not pulsing it up so much and a few more spices) should make them even better. Thanks for sharing. See mine at lianahonda.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin