Saturday, March 22, 2008

Chick Clicks

Well, I just got inside from clearing 3 or 4 inches of snow from the driveway. There will be no pictures of this 3 to 4 inches of snow! Snow in December and January is pristine and pretty and poetic - I take pictures of that kind of snow. Snow on the day before Easter is ironic and cruel. I refuse to take pictures of ironic snow. I told my friend that lives in Dallas that I don't want to hear about their weather - so now her emails have blank spaces. (No, I'm not bitter.)

So while most of the country will don their Easter bonnets as they head to church tomorrow, we will be zipping up our boots.


So to brighten the day I am sharing these pictures of some cheery Easter chicks. These are some vintage Easter postcards that I bought at an antique store several years ago. I got them for "cheep!" (Sorry, couldn't resist!) I think they were a 25 or 50 cents each, so I bought a bunch. There are some nice scans of the collection to check out at my Flickr account, if you want some to print out for fun or projects.






No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin