Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Mediterranean Lemon Pepper Papparadelle


My friend Sally clued me in to the wonders of Trader Joe Papparadelle. And now it comes in Lemon Pepper! I got the idea for this recipe from one of the Trader Joe flyers and twisted it by adding some of my favorite ingredients. It is quick and easy and you really can throw in whatever things you have available in the house. When I brought this in for lunch last week, everyone in the teacher's lounge was drooling, so I am posting the recipe here.

Mediterranean Lemon Pepper Papparadelle

1 package Lemon Pepper Papparadelle
2 cans Genova Tuna in Olive Oil

Prepare the papparadelle according to the package. Toss in a large bowl with 2 cans of tuna with the oil - do not drain. Then toss in a variety of Mediterranean style vegetables and toppings. I like to use:

fresh or sun dried tomatoes
red peppers
kalamata or green olives
feta cheese (I used the reduced fat feta from Trader Joes, where else?)
fresh baby spinach
pine nuts

Add an extra drizzle of olive oil if needed, and salt and fresh cracked pepper if you desire.

1 comment:

melissa said...

I'm not a big fan of tuna - but that dish looks wonderful! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin