Monday, January 7, 2008

Stracoto (or "You will want to lick the plate" beef roast)

Well, today was back to school. No more time to sit around 2 hours in the morning reading and writing blogs and playing with digital pictures. Reality (sigh).

Today's recipe comes pretty much straight off the Food Network so I will just supply the link rather than rewrite it. I know it is a favorite of my friend Sally, and it it is quite easy. The one change that I do is I double the ingredients that are used to make the sauce. Yes, double. Because the gravy is so good, you will want to lick your plate clean. In fact, you may want to eat just the sauce alone without the roast beef!


I made this a few days ago when a friend stopped in to exchange Christmas gifts. I served it with red skin potatoes that I tossed in herbs and olive oil and roasted for about the last 40 minutes in the oven. Enjoy, and prepare to lick the plate clean!

Here is the link:
Stracoto with Porcini Mushrooms

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin